Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mission Impossible?

Do,do,do,do, do do do dooooooo, do do do do do
Actually, that's more like The Final Countdown by Europe, but you get my drift.

This might be crazy, but then again this might not be since I was the one who got rid of TV, right? I guess I should conclude that we now have an antenna and get a lot of basic channels thanks to my Mother-in-law. She came and stayed with us for about a week and jumped on the opportunity to get some TV-ness up in here when we came across a $9.00 antenna at Walmart. Neither of us expected the beauty and clarity of the channels the antenna produces, it really is very impressive. I must say that my plan worked like a charm, I hardly ever waste away in front of the TV!

Ok, back to the Impossible Mission. The Hubster and I are going to do a body cleanse starting tomorrow. The main goal of the cleanse is to stick it out for 21 days. Our personal goals are to stick it out for a week. If you're thinking that shouldn't be too hard, let me tell ya what we're cutting out of our diets:

  • Sugar
  • (yep, I said typed it)
  • Alcohol
  • (shouldn't be too hard unless the Mommy Group gets a hold of me)
  • Caffeine
  • (this is the impossible part)
  • Gluten
  • (eh...)
  • Animal Products
  • (no dairy, no nothin'!)


    Why are we doing this?! I totally believe what the author of the book, Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston, says about giving your body a break from having to process these types of food so it can dig deeper into it's closets (fat cells and muscles) and get rid of junk.

    I've decided to get me back in the grove of blogging that I would blog about how we're doing each day. I have a feeling it will mostly be about me complaining about how tired and crabby I am without my caffeine. How am I ever going to get out the door and into the gym at 5am without my coffee?!?

    Guess we shall see...

    2 comments:

    Sandra said...

    My prayers and thoughts are with you as you leave behind caffine. Good luck!

    Katy said...

    Wow, more power to you!!