Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 3- 9:36 am

If I could have anything right now it would be my beautiful daughter's toast that she didn't want and that I had to feed to the dog. It smelled so great coming out of the toaster and then when I spread the butter on it, I honestly felt an urge like no other to just jam the pieces in my mouth!

The gym time without coffee is working well. I do have to say that I never noticed that they brew coffee there before the cleanse. Now the smell hits me in the face and slaps me around a couple of times while I'm running my little heart out. This morning I made myself some of the fake coffee, it's called Teeccinno (tea CHEE no). I actually like it. The taste is something you have to get used to plus I got the Vanilla Nut flavor, so there might be a milder tasting one. This is what is selling me on it:

  • Naturally caffeine free- no processing of chemical residues
  • Non-acidic - helps restore alkaline balance
  • Natural Energy Boost - from nutrients, not stimulants
  • Heart healthy potassium and soluble fiber
  • Prebiotic - inulin from chicory root supports beneficial microflora that improve digestion, elimination and intestinal health.
How am I feeling? Pretty darn good actually. I had a little bit of an icky feeling after I took one of the antibiotic pills this morning but it wasn't anything some celery and peanut butter couldn't take care of, that is definitely my addiction right now. My arm has dramatically improved today. You can hardly tell there was a huge red area invading me.

Yesterday The Hubster said he didn't feel any different but he could tell that he goes to sleep easier. I feel calmer, not as anxious. I'm still tired throughout the day but feel much more calm, well except when news of the Swine Flu comes around. I can't even describe the feeling I got this morning when I was running on the treadmill, looked up at the TV screen and read the words, "23 mth old child dies in Texas from the Swine flu." My immediate reaction was to run off the treadmill, jump in my car and put my house on lock down. My buddy, Rachel, was quick to tell me not to panic and reminded me that 35,000 people die from the "normal" Flu every year and I had been going on with my life just fine. It's funny how quickly someone can learn about my crazy ways and how I will react to certain things. Thanks Rachel! (I did come home and disinfect everything I could think of!)

Let's see here, today's lunch is going to be a HUGE spinach salad with all the veggies I can get my hands on! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Yeah, I'm a little freaked out about the swine flu, too!! I'm ready to wear a mask.