Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 1 coming to an end! Finally!

Let's see here, after I posted this morning I made the mistake of cuddling with my beautiful daughter who's current obsession is to tuck everyone and thing into a blanket and put them to sleep. I didn't put up much of a fight and woke up half an hour later to her telling me, "Mommy g'up! Wake up Mommy, g'up!" It was such a nice comfortable snooze (thank goodness I had rented Madagascar 2).

After going thru the internet and finding all kinds of things we could use instead of the eliminated items, I made a list and got ready to go to one of our local health food stores. I put that beautiful daughter of mine down for a nap and went to make the bed while avoiding The Hubster as he wallowed in his pity from not getting any coffee. On my way to our room I tripped and fell onto the bed and then proceeded to fall into a deep, wonderful sleep. It didn't help that it was raining! I woke up about an hour and a half later, scurried around and made myself presentable and headed to the health food store. I found this herbal decaf coffee-like stuff, agave nectar to use as a sweetener, some gluten and wheat free bread & tortillas. Oh, and rice bran crackers . I bet you're just drooling, huh?

I arrived home to find The Hubster wasting away in the chair in the living room. He said he could barely move and was starving to death. So I fed him some rice cakes (forget to mention I picked some of those up too) and peanut butter. We also tried out the rice bran crackers and were pleasantly surprised that they were actually edible.

I forgot to mention for breakfast we had hot Oat Bran cereal with organic, unsweetened applesauce, cinammon and raisins. It was decent. For dinner we had a veggie stir fry with some gluten & wheat free pasta that I'm in love with! I love this pasta so much more than the whole grain pasta...woot! woot! Found a new thing! It tastes just like regular pasta without the heavy bloat. Score! I was quite impressed with my veggie stir fry concoction. The Hubster dealt with it as much as a meat loving man can. In his words, "It's delicious, especially if it was a side dish to a big juicy steak." He is currently crashed out on the couch, he's been there for about 2 hrs now. I'm beginning to wonder if he's just going to stay that way until the week is over. He loves his meat and fast food, gotta love the guy for giving yet another one of my crazy ideas a try! Before he drifted off into la la land, which I'm sure is a steak house or burger joint, he said, "I should have married a fat woman!" I'm still giggling about that one.

All in all, day 1 went by much better than I expected. I have not experienced any caffeine withdrawal headaches, yet... hopefully won't. I caught myself on a couple of things, I threw a big sugary piece of gum in my mouth this morning...oops! I also forgot to check out the dressing I planned on using on the stir fry, the main ingredient was Parmesan..oops! The Hubster caught that one as I was about to drown the veggies in it. The damn soy sauce had high fructose corn syrup in it.. WTH? That crap is in everything! So I've got yet another short list of stuff to get at the store tomorrow, although I'm thinking about putting my family into lockdown until this Swine Flu goes away.

I'm feeling really good about the coffee-less early mornings. I don't think that's going to be a problem, it's the time from 7am (when I get home from the gym) until 8pm (when I'm yearning for my bed) that I'm worried about.

If I could have anything right now it would be my bed, and luckily it's not on the doomed list!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Yay for surviving day #1.

Fennells said...

Way to go Jackie! I'm very impressed and look forward to reading the rest of your menu!

Sandra said...

You rock! I hope you are surviving day 2.

Jackie said...

Thanks peeps!!