Friday, January 23, 2009

WTF is going on?? Or actually a big fat OOPS!!

Ok, so the Hubster often jokes about me being a clutz and I just don't see it. I don't fall often (now I will) and I don't stumble around so I have no idea what the hell he's talking about.. well until last night. I was oh so carefully carrying my beloved laptop to the counter and right before my eyes it fell to the ground.. the hard, cold, tile covered ground. ""Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" Of course I and my overly dramatic daughter (have no clue where she gets it from) started howling, "Oh Noooo!!". As I rushed it to the Hubster, I dropped my stomach in the hallway when I noticed the screen was all F'd up. Granted it was still playing the song I had just uploaded.. Hey there Delilah, by Plain White T's..."oh what you do to meeee... oh Laptop.. what you do to meeee" He heard the urgency in my voice and greeted me with a "WTF is going on??" look on his face. He scooped the laptop from my shaking hands. I tried to go back to the kitchen to act strong and start our dinner. I almost tripped over my stomach on the way back but I just left it there. I went about making dinner and every now and then would let out a sighing wail when the sight of the crash would cross my mind. "waaaaaahhhhhhhhh!"


The Hubster researched and did all the things that he does best to fix the problem. He definitely goes by the saying, "If Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!" (yes I know you grammar freaks, Smuggle, are cringing at that one!) We've been in this place before when our wonderfully, beautiful daughter broke the laptop by pushing an enormous amount of keys all at once and about a gazillion times. I drove him absolutely crazy while the laptop was in the computer hospital. I talked his head off, I vented and ranted and raved to him about every little thing that he could care less about. I did everything to him that I would normally do on the laptop. I even tried to get him to play songs for me.. didn't work. So he probably has more urgency to get the laptop fixed than I do.. nah. He quickly offered me his work laptop and even offered to spend his Best Buy Gift Cards, that he won in a contest, to buy me a new one. I couldn't help but laugh because I knew he was doing everything in his power not to "go there" again.

I took away the TV and then my beloved Laptop jumps out of my arms... WTF is going on???

1 comment:

Rachel E. said...

I think it's the TV gods trying to punish you for leaving their servitude. That's what you get for trying to be responsible, Jackie. Now just go back to groveling in front of the TV, and all will be right with the world!

rejvr: The Icelandic term for "WTF?"