Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This & That Tuesday!

I've been trying to find ways to get better nutrition in my family. My daughter LOVES, LOVES, LOVES bread so I've been making a lot of different bread and muffin type food.

Here's one I'm about to experiment with today so figured it would do nicely for this Tuesday's "This & That".

Enjoy!

APPLE BREAKFAST BREAD

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup butter (gotta love the butter, I use Smart Balance w/ Flax Oil)
* 1 cup sugar (Brown sugar baby!)
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups all-purpose flour (I always try to substitute at least half w/ whole wheat four)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I'll probably add a little more than that)
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (Hmmm... no cloves around here, lets say raisins and cloves are one of the same for this recipe) ;)
* 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped (it was highly recommended to shred the apples)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix into the butter mixture until moistened. Fold in the apples. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Hope it comes out as well as the review say it should!


How am I doing, you ask?

I'm great, thanks! I'm doing my best to stick to my resolutions and will have a butt load of stuff to blog about once I get it all organized. I'm still obsessed with Edward Cullen even though I've finished the books last week. I'm lost without the books and am trying to fill the void with other books but keep wondering when Edward's going to join the plot =( I'm starting to think I need help. Luckily this awesome chic I know has started up a book club and Twilight is the first book we're going to discuss so I have some more drooling time! Soon after I will have to face the facts that I must move on.

The house is still on the market. We've had some nibbles so hopefully we'll get a good bite really soon. Hmmm... wonder if the Cullens need a house in the Waco area.... see I'm in bad shape!

That's about it for now.. pretty exciting huh?

Happy Tuesday!

Ta-Ta!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I wish Adelaide would eat bread. She'll probably eat your yummy recipe.
Oh and no worries, obsessions are healthy!

Rachel E. said...

Let me know how the bread turns out! It sounds delicious...

Yay for book clubs..

coushilt: a fancy term for "cow shit"