Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Day

So I'm considering this as the first day of being unplugged. We still have cable but the box for the living room is in the Tahoe waiting to be taken back to the Cable Box Orphanage (hmmmm... shouldn't have said that, might make me keep it) and we still have the cable in the bedroom BUT I'm not using it. Well, except for the emergency moment when i was on the phone with my buddy Smuggle and Emma Anne was pushing me to the very edge of the cliff I sometimes imagine jumping off.

This morning was weird because one of the first things I do when I wake up (besides cussing out the world) is turn on the TV. It kind of felt like we were all alone, like we had been left behind. This afternoon might be rough because that's when most of the TV watching takes place...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad to know you haven't gone insane yet.

Fennells said...

Go Jackie! The silence is weird at first. Just put on lots of great tunes and you won't miss it! Now how do I break this laptop addiction??????