Thursday, November 13, 2008
Grew me a Mo & became a Mo Sista!(Figured if I have hairy boobies, why not??)
November is also known as Movember!
Men's health is a major issue. Did you know:
* Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer in the US with one in six American men developing the disease and more than 28,000 men dying of the disease every year.
* African American men and those with a family history of prostate cancer are twice as likely to develop the disease and should have regular annual testing starting at 45. All other men should commence testing at 50.
* Prostate cancer is 90% curable if detected and treated early.
Casey and I decided to get hairy and grow a moustache for Movember.
We want to be active participants in the movement that is changing the face of men's health. We're also committed to tackling men's health issues and being proactive in the fight against prostate cancer...and we want you on our team. Our team is called MoFarers.(talk to Casey about that!)
To join our Movember team go to http://us.movember.com/us/register and follow the steps. Once registered you'll be sent all the information you need to get donations and get growing as part of my Movember team. Or you could just go to Movember.com and donate too!
You will need these details to complete your online registration:
* Captain's Registration Number: 1845556
* Captain's Email Address: email@example.com
The money raised by Movember is donated directly to the Prostate Cancer Foundation which will use the funds for high-impact research to find better treatments and a cure for prostate cancer.
For those that have supported Movember in previous years you can be very proud of the impact it has had and can check out the details at:
[ Fundraising Outcomes ].
More information is available at http://www.movember.com/.
Movember is proudly grown by Canadian Club and Philips Norelco.
Movember is proud to support the Prostate Cancer Foundation.