Saturday, November 8, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...4hrs of Yard Work.

I believe that is a record for me, 4hrs of yard work. I battled Man-Eating Weeds, Ant hills that have been known to remove limbs and mounds of dry grass that will make you sneeze for days! I survived all that and even all the times I had to fix the string on the weedeater (Grrrrr!) BUT! I thought I had met my demise when I was planting some bushes and left the hose running. My shoe got stuck in the mud causing my foot to slip out and re-enter itself in the gooey, icky cold mud naked! We're talking swamp mud between the toes folks!

You're probably wondering with all that bad stuff what part was "the best of times", huh? The best of times happened after I pulled my foot out of the muck and washed it with ice cold hose water... SUCKED!... I decided to water the rose bushes in front of the Guest Bedroom. My beautiful Emma Anne must have heard me from inside and came to the window to investigate. She was so surprised to see me and started hollering "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" She then kissed the glass for me. It was the best of my 4hr yard work times!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

AW! Emma Anee is so cute! And sorry bout the yard work, that sucks!

Rachel E. said...

I have never done yard work in my life. Seriously, I don't even know how to start up a weed eater/lawn mower, whatever. I'm useless...that's what David is for! :)