Sunday, November 9, 2008

How could I forget the yard vacuum??

Yesterday during my yard work adventures I had a GREAT idea! After I had mowed and perfectly edged the weeds that are pretending to be grass, I had a bunch of clippings all over the walk way and driveway. "Need a yard vacuum".. thought I. I walked into the garage to get the blower and glanced at the Shop Vac. "Hmmmm, could it work?" thought I again. It's so worth a try! I tried it out in the garage first and vacuumed up some dirt and stuff that had been tracked in and kept an eye on the exhaust blower in the back. I didn't want to be the stupid gal out in the yard sucking up grass clippings only to have them blowing out the back! Wouldn't that be a sight? My trial run worked like a charm. So I grabbed the extension cord and vacuumed my yard like it was nobody's business. It was awesome. I could do without all the bending over but I was so happy that it worked. I imagined people coming out of their houses wondering WTF I was doing. Some may think it's lazy or maybe even crazy. I think it's pretty darn clever!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it's a darn good idea! Good thinking!

Jackie said...

Thanks Ashley!

Rachel E. said...

That's pretty clever, indeed! As for the costumes, no I didn't make Rowan's...I just bought it at Wal-Mart...but next year I'm going to try to make all four! :)

Fennells said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Jackie! We're glad you're here.

Chelle said...

oh how i miss you....i can just see you in that yard now :) I'm glad to see you are having fun at least!